Our desire at Southminster is to offer a caring community in which all feel welcome, supported and valued - a place for adults, youth and children to explore Christian faith and express it in action. We speak a warm welcome to people of differing ages, abilities, sexual orientations, income levels, religious backgrounds and cultures.
Southminster is interested in you, and in reaching out to all of our neighbours to explore with you the spiritual longings, wisdom and questions that brought you to this page.
Worship at Southminster blends traditional interests with an eagerness to try new things and to open worship to the particular gifts and inspirations of those who worship with us.
Explore these pages and talk with us about what you seek! Here you will find information about:
- an arts-based, story-telling worship program for children and youth
- nursery facilities for infants
- a children's choir
- a book club to discuss non-scripture works with a spiritual theme or message
- a community-based weekly supper for those living alone or on low income
- a vibrant music program
- a group that meets to study spiritual practices
- opportunities for spiritual growth and for service in the community and beyond.
We are eager to partner with you as you explore your faith, and we invite you to join us for worship -- or just call to chat.
Meg Illman-White, Minister